Riyadh13 hours ago
- Duplicate link
Chinese President Xi Jinping arrived in Saudi Arabia capital Riyadh on Wednesday night for a 3-day visit. He was given a red carpet welcome here. There will be a total of $30 billion worth of deals between the two countries in different sectors.
As soon as Xi Jinping’s plane reached Saudi Arabian airspace, it was escorted by four fighter jets of the Saudi Royal Air Force. Green smoke was also seen in the sky.
China has been trying to expand its foothold in the Gulf countries for a long time. So far the US has dominated this area. The Biden administration seems confused by the tour. The United States and Saudi Arabia have long had disagreements over a number of issues.
Chinese President Xi Jinping arrived in Saudi Arabia’s capital Riyadh on Wednesday night.
Economy is the agenda
Arab News reported that relations between Saudi Arabia and China have only one agenda. This is economics. There will be 20 deals between the two countries worth a total of $30 billion during Xi Jinping’s visit.
There is little hope of cooperation between the two countries at the cultural level. This is because Saudi Arabia is a staunch Sunni Muslim country, and China’s culture is completely different. So both countries want to focus only on trade. Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince and Prime Minister Mohammed bin Salman (MBS) is believed to be able to present Saudi Arabia’s civilian award to Xi Jinping.
Trump-Biden received no such honor
- According to a special report by CNN, in 2017, Donald Trump visited Saudi Arabia. After this, President Joe Biden visited Riyadh two months ago. Both times, these two US presidents did not receive the respect that Xi Jinping now enjoys. This is the reason why the United States is now watching this visit of Xi Jinping very closely.
- The passing phase of the US-Saudi relationship can be gauged from the fact that Saudi Arabia is cutting oil production by 2% in front of Crown Prince Salman Biden. America was very upset by this. Saudi Arabia is an important member of OPEC, the group of oil producing countries.
- Last month, the Saudi government also cut crude oil production by 2%, defying US warnings. Xi’s visit means that the Saudi Arabian government is now looking to China as an alternative.
New Saudi New Gulf
- Abdullah Khaliq, an American researcher and expert on Saudi affairs, said – This is the first news for the United States that this is a new Saudi Arabia, a new Saudi, a new Gulf. America needs to understand this. The second fact is that apart from the world, China is a major power in Asia. Saudi Arabia now has many opportunities. America cannot remain under its duress for long.
- In the case of the murder of American journalist Jamal Khashoggi, the United States put a lot of pressure on Prince Salman. China was peaceful during that period. After this, Xi Jinping met 14 Arab leaders in a very short period of time. America started falling behind from here. Now Xi Jinping is challenging America as his own bastion.
- Last year, Saudi Arabia exported $50 billion to China. This is 18% of Saudi’s total exports. This number is growing very fast. When Barack Obama signed the nuclear deal with Iran in 2016, Saudi advice was ignored. Now Russia has come along with China which is a new headache for America. The US has also temporarily suspended the delivery of F-35s to Saudi Arabia. There is more hatred than this.
- The US’s biggest fear is that China’s famous electronics giant Hubei may not win a contract for a 5G network in Saudi Arabia and the Gulf countries. If this happens, it will be easier to spy on US bases in the Gulf.
Biden offers relief to Prince Salman in journalist Jamal Khashoggi murder case.
Relief to the Crown Prince
- The White House announced on November 18 that the United States had granted immunity to Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in the Khashoggi murder case. He will not be prosecuted in this case. While criticizing the decision, the US State Department said it was not the first time a head of state had been granted an exemption.
- The White House also announced that President Joe Biden is reviewing the relationship between the United States and Saudi Arabia. The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) decided to cut oil production on October 5. America is very dissatisfied with this. Saudi Arabia is an important member of this group.
- Last year, a US report said Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman had approved the Washington Post’s plan to kill Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi. The report also stated that the crown prince considered Khashoggi a threat to Saudi Arabia.
- Washington Post journalist Jamal Khaqoshi was assassinated at the United Arab Emirates (UAE) embassy in Istanbul, Turkey on 2 October 2018. Questions were also raised about the role of Wali Ahad Shahjada Mohammad Bin Salman.
“Evil zombie enthusiast. Unapologetic foodaholic. Friend of animals everywhere. Reader. Devoted bacon practitioner.”
This man has 12 wives, 102 children and 568 grandchildren, is unemployed and doesn’t want to start a family anymore Ndtv Hindi Ndtv Indi
The Wagner group: a group of criminals who became Putin’s shield in Ukraine
Iran threatens Pakistan with $18 billion fine for delaying pipeline project