the newYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Woods, who still suffers from the devastating leg injury he sustained in a car accident in Los Angeles last year, told reporters Wednesday that he still had many concerns about his health before deciding to return to golf full time.
“My golf activity has been very limited. I can hit the ball really well, I can hit the short irons really well, but I haven’t really done any of the long things seriously,” said ahead From the beginning of the Genesis Invitational, an event he hosts.
He said he was so good at playing the PNC Championship in December because he could use a golf cart to get around.
“I was in a carriage [at PNC], OK. I can play warrior golf on the weekends. that’s easy. But to be able to be here, call it Six Rounds of Golf: The Practice Tour, Pro-Am, Four Days Competitive. It’s the cumulative effect of it all. “I am not able to do that yet,” he said.
“I can walk on the treadmill all day. That’s easy. It’s just straight. There are no obstacles on the way. But walking on a golf course where there are ripples, I have a long way to go…Every day is a fight, and I welcome this fight.”
The 46-year-old is still chasing Jack Nicklaus’ record for most major titles ever.
Woods reiterated that he still goes out and competes in some events but has no plans to play a full schedule again.
“Music ninja. Alcohol practitioner. Zombie enthusiast. Pop culture fanatic. Entrepreneur.”